There are a number of email programs, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail… and so on. Today we will focus on the following program called Outlook.
What is Outlook?
It is a program of the Microsoft computer package.
There are several versions of Outlook, this means that sometimes the program is updated and you may have other new options, we will focus on this brief guide in the version of Outlook 2010.
With this program, we can send and receive emails, which is a way to communicate with many people.
Messages may include attachments, images, videos, etc.
How to create and send an email?
It is easy, there is an option in the toolbar named Start and it has other options, one of which is Create New Mail.
When you create a new account, the window will automatically open where you can include recipients (whom we have emailed).
In the theme we will take the theme of our letter, such as happy birthday.
In the body of the email (it is named for the part where we can write our mail.
To end our mail and send it is offered the option to send, we have the option to save the mail in a folder and then return him to modify or send it.
What can be included in an email?
Computers with documents fromIn emails we send or receive may contain attachments, which may be Word, pdf, video, zip file, image, mp4, link, etc.
Outlook Bar Options
Outlook has a number of options to work with it as we have seen before, from putting a design to the email we want to send as background, image, table, etc … you also have Schedule a meeting, set a warning so that we know at a certain time of the day, make notes to memorize tasks, etc.
It is a very complete program and it is the email most commonly used by computer users, but it must also be recognized that not all of them know the options of deep mailing.
Below we’ll briefly describe some of your options, which are most commonly used:
File there are other options:
– Save as (to name the message stored in a folder)
– Save attachments (save attachments contained in messages, they are stored in a folder)
– Information (It serves to configure with our mail preferences)
– Open (open calendar, file, import mail or open folder)
– Print (to print a letter or part of it)
– Help (you can find help in case of doubt regarding the Outlook program)
– Optional (to set language, notes, contacts, calendar, etc.) or leave a message.
Get started, in this option there are others, such as:
– A new message
– New element
– new meeting
– Delete emails
– Reply or forward a message
– Move email to folder
– Configure rules to get incoming messages to the directory we want
– Mark as read or unread email
– A contact list, which is the agenda of the people you write or write, may contain your phone number, address, and so on.
– Search, in this option you can search emails by subject, contact or word in the message
Send and receive. This option allows us to update our messages to investigators, with the following options:
– Update directory
– Show the progress, tell us the message, if we have sent or are receiving mail
– Cancel all, this option cancels all emails that we have in the outbox
– Download the title, subject heading of the message, date and name of the person writing to us and in this option, they will be placed in the folder we want.
Folder With other options like New Folder, Copy Folder, Mark Email Read, Delete All, Restore deleted, Favorites display, Folder permissions and attributes.
Vista In this option, you can change the appearance of Outlook, we can set viewing options, add columns, change how we see emails and folders, or view email by date.
Outlook has other options such as help, it is a question mark, it is usually located in the upper right, it shows us a box where you can write questions or doubts about the message. Birthday girl with a cake
It has a calendar where you can write down what you need to remember, a meeting, birthday, etc.
Text, date and alarm can be included to display when needed.
In your contacts list, you can see the information we have about that person, email, phone, birthday, etc.
There is an option that we can use for our tasks; it can be marked by color or category, placed on or in the state in which the task is, ie if it is in the process. or completed the task.
If you want to know other computer programs, in the following link you have their list (some are in development):